Your Semester Bill
Please Read This important Notice About Your Semester Bill
- Students are financially responsible for their bill.
- Your statement of account (bill) is in your name, not your parents’. We may not discuss your bill with your parents without you present.
- Refund checks will be mailed to the student at his/her permanent home address.
- View your account activity online at MyEMCC
- Notify the Enrollment Center if you have a change in your permanent address.
- Communicate to Student Accounts any problems in paying your bill to avoid late charges.
- Student Accounts staff, located in Maine Hall, are available Monday through Friday 8-4 (except for Holidays) to assist students.
All account balances (tuition, fees, room & board, etc.) minus any pending financial aid must be paid in full by January 8th 2017. A late fee of $50.00 will be applied to accounts where payment has not been received.
- Please access your bill on MyEMCC for the most up to date bill. Once you access your bill using the above link, click on “Current Student”; click on “Bill and Payment Information”; then click on “My Account Inforamtion”; you will see “Make Payment Online” underneath “Grand Total”. Just click and follow the directions.
- Please contact the IT Department (207-974-4678) if you’re having trouble accessing your personal account.
- Payments can be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card. Credit card payments (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover) can be made online, in person, or by telephone (207)-974-4630.
- When mailing a check or money order, please include the student’s name and ID number. Returned checks will be subject to a $25.00 service fee.
Financial Aid grant or scholarship awards have been deducted from the amount due on your bill, pending any adjustments by the Student Financial Aid Office. Adjustments may be made due to changes to the student credit load for the current semester or a determination that the student is no longer making satisfactory academic progress for Title IV aid. Stafford Loan amounts will be reflected on your bill only after the Financial Aid Office has certified your loan application. If you were awarded financial aid and it is not reflected on your bill, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (207) 974-4625 or email@example.com.
Books & Supplies
Payments for books and supplies are made directly to the Bookstore at the time of purchase. A on line Bookstore credit application must be accessed at MyEMCC student portal. You will be able to purchase your books using financial aid in excess of your bill. Student MUST provide the Bookstore staff with their current Account ID card.
Semester room and board charges:
- Acadia – double occupancy per semester is $4165
- Kineo – double occupancy is $4565
- Students will NOT be permitted to move into the residence halls or dine at McCorkill Dining Hall until their bill is paid or payment arrangements are complete. Any changes in a payment arrangement must be approved by calling the Business Office staff at 974-4630. If a student defaults paying their account balance, a hold is placed on the student’s account and their McCorkill Dining card is deactivated.
Payment Plan Information
Eastern Maine Community College offers an installment payment plan option to all students. The EMCC monthly payment plan is designed to allow students to pay on their bill in three installments. Students who wish to participate must pay a plan enrollment fee of $50 and the first payment to EMCC prior to January 8th 2016. You must make your payment by the due date stated on your payment plan form. If payment is not received by the due date, a $50 late fee will be applied to your account. There are no bills mailed. All billing information is available on MyEMCC, and it is your responsibility to note changes and charges on your account. If you have questions visit EMCC Business Officein Maine Hall or call 974-4630.
If your tuition bill is being paid by a Federal, State, or Private Agency, you are responsible for providing Student Accounts staff with a current letter of intent or authorization by January 8th 2016. The letter must verify the name of the sponsored student, the terms/conditions of the sponsoring agency and details of tuition, fees, and books to be billed. Student Accounts will apply Financial Aid (Pell/SEOG/ME State Grant) funds awarded to your account before billing the sponsoring agency unless otherwise stated on the letter of intent or authorization. If the sponsoring agency requires Stafford Loans to be used, it must state that on the authorization. EMCC DOES NOT accept verbal authorization from sponsors. Authorizations and/or purchase orders may be faxed to the Student Accounts Office at (207) 974-4666. Without this authorization, we are required to bill you for all charges. If you have any questions, please stop in or call us at (207) 974-4818. We will try to assist you in making these arrangements.
Funds from a scholarship source will be credited to the student account when received.
Required Tools, Uniforms & Materials
These items are paid for by the student.
Financial Aid is disbursed to a student‘s account approximately five weeks into the semester. If a credit occurs, a refund check will be issued. That check will be mailed to the student’s permanent home address. No refund checks may be picked up at the college; they are disbursed at another location.