Intro to Phlebotomy
Introduction to Phlebotomy prepares individuals for entry-level positions in health care settings obtaining blood samples from patients to be used in laboratory testing. Topics include basic medical terminology, anatomy, laboratory math, blood composition, infections control, and hands-on phlebotomy training using needles, syringes, vacationer tubes and other equipment. Proof of immunization required.
- Complete 40 Hours of Classroom Instruction
- Complete 16 Clinical Hours
- Enjoy a rewarding career as part of a healthcare team
- Earn an Award of Completion and CEUs at Eastern Maine Community College
- Learn safe practices and techniques in phlebotomy
- Practice hands-on training in a student lab and in a clinical setting
- Cover all the important skills and techniques used in the field of phlebotomy
Applications are due on February 8th at 4:30pm! Immediately following the deadline date, all applicants are called or emailed to set up a brief interview. Upon completion of the interviews, applicants are notified by email whether or not they are accepted into the course. High School transcripts are also required.
In the event that we receive more qualified applicants than available seats in the class, some students may be accepted into the course, but deferred to the next semester. The Registration process is open after the interview and notification process and is first come first served.
Classes will begin the week of April 10, 2017, and end June 15, 2017, Tuesday and Thursday Evenings from 6-8pm (10 weeks). Clinicals are scheduled for two consecutive 8-hour days. Students are given their clinical dates while they are in class. These dates are given after the student has submitted a complete Health History Form.
Cost of the Course is as follows:
- Tuition: $600.00 per person
- Liability Insurance Fee: $12.90
- Estimated Text Book: $65.00-$75.00
- Criminal Background Check (to be completed with application): $75.00, additional fees may be charged for additional names and addresses in the past seven years.
Students may contact our business office for information on setting up a payment plan.
Application & Documents