Intro to Phlebotomy
Introduction to Phlebotomy prepares individuals for entry-level positions in health care settings obtaining blood samples from patients to be used in laboratory testing. Topics include basic medical terminology, anatomy, laboratory math, blood composition, infections control, and hands-on phlebotomy training using needles, syringes, vacationer tubes and other equipment. Proof of immunization required.
- Complete 40 Hours of Classroom Instruction
- Complete 16 Clinical Hours
- Enjoy a rewarding career as part of a healthcare team
- Earn an Award of Completion and CEUs at Eastern Maine Community College
- Learn safe practices and techniques in phlebotomy
- Practice hands-on training in a student lab and in a clinical setting
- Cover all the important skills and techniques used in the field of phlebotomy
Our next Phlebotomy class will be announced soon!