Welcome to Eastern Maine Community College. We know that the reintegration from military to civilian life and the transition to college can be challenging. We want to make sure you know about the many resources available to you and your family as you work toward achieving your academic and career goals.
Eastern Maine Community College is proud to offer many services available to help you attain your educational goals. In addition to the support services at EMCC such as our Enrollment Center, we are a member of the Servicemember Opportunity College (SOC) Degree-granting institutions of higher education.
Apply for Admission
- Learn about EMCC’s academic programs.
- Meet with Admission staff in the Enrollment Center to discuss your educational goals.
- Submit a no-fee online application for admission or submit a paper application with your $20.00 non-refundable application fee
- Send us an official copy of your high school transcript (request your high school) diploma or GED (contact the Department of Education in the state you received your GED), as well as official college/university and military training transcripts.
Active duty, reserve and veterans of the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy can obtain a copy of their military transcript from the Joint Services Transcript website.
- Once admitted to an academic program, complete the Accuplacer test (if applicable). Visit [link] for instructions, testing exemptions, test dates and a downloadable study guide.
- Attend New Student Orientation.
- Check-in with EMCC’s VA Certifying Official, prior to the start of each semester to ensure appropriate course selection in order to receive benefits. (Only classes that are part of your specific academic program can be included in your certification)
- Purchase books and materials.
- Attend class
Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. EMCC’s FAFSA school code is 005277. (Although applying is optional, we encourage veterans to apply for financial aid because VA payments may be delayed for 2 months at the start of each semester due to processing delays beyond our control.) You do not have to be full time to receive financial aid.
Apply for VA Benefits
- Go to www.gibill.va.gov to apply on VAOnce for VA education benefits.
- Save and print a copy of your application for VA Benefit to retain for your records
- Bring a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility Letter to EMCC’s Enrollment Center (mailed to you approximately 30 days after your application is processed by the VA)
Apply for State of Maine Benefits
Dependent of disabled or deceased Veterans can apply for additional benefits through the State of Maine Tuition Waiver Program. Students need to print out the application and send required documentation to the state of Maine.