New Student Orientation
To assist our students with starting off on the right foot, EMCC offers a comprehensive New Student Orientation program on-campus this summer, as well as an online “class” before your coursework begins in the fall. EMCC’s two-part orientation is mandatory and is a combination of information, exploration and fun!
Whether you are new to college, transferring from another institution, returning to EMCC after an absence, or changing your major to a new program, there is something for you. It is important to understand the EMCC policies and procedures before classes begin. Additionally, orientation will help you to learn more about the campus community; including clubs, organizations, athletic programs, housing, key personnel, and of course your new peers!
PART 1: On Campus
Take advantage of this time to meet your faculty (in most cases), tour the campus, purchase textbooks, obtain a student ID card, attend informational workshops, submit immunization records, take care of last minute details and ask questions. We will even provide lunch!
1. Click to open information regarding the Summer Orientation Event Schedule.
2. Select a date to attend. Make every attempt to attend the date selected specifically for the program you are enrolled in. This is the day your classmates and faculty will be present!
3. Register (below) to attend the live orientation on campus. All orientations begin at 9 am and end by 3 pm. (Check in between 8:30 and 9 am.)
But wait! There’s more!
PART 2: Online
All incoming EMCC students MUST complete an online orientation before classes begin on September 2. We urge you to begin the online orientation as soon as possible and complete it before the date of your on-campus orientation event.
1. Go to your MyEMCC portal and log in. (If you have never done this before you will need your Student ID number. On the main page, select Click Here to Reset Your Password. If you are creating it for the first time, confirm your identity where specified.)
2. Once logged in, go to the “Current Student” Tab. Under “Quick Links” on the left side of the page, select “My Courses”, then select “COL001-01 – EMCC New Student Orientation” to get started! (If you do not see COL001-01 under the “Quick Links” please email Kerry Hafford at firstname.lastname@example.org to get registered.)
Note: Students should see COL001-01 on their SUMMER 1314 semester schedule. This is just for purposes of completing the online orientation through e-learning software. Students are not charged for this course.
You’re on your way! Thank you for choosing Eastern Maine Community College. Great College. Smart Choice!