Rules & Policies
Rules and Policies for use of the Johnston Gymnasium
- Please bring your valid EMCC ID with you when you want to use this facility. Students and faculty can bring ONE guest with them. A guest is considered a person who is not a current EMCC student or faculty/staff member. Each guest is required to pay $2 per visit. We ask that all guests bring the exact amount since we do not leave money in the gym for making change.
- Always bring a pair of indoor shoes and proper gym apparel. Other equipment that users may need to furnish on their own are medical braces, bath towels, body soap, etc.
- Please ask the Recreation Assistant on duty to use any of the recreation equipment.
- Everyone needs to respect the other users, management staff, and equipment in the gymnasium and fitness facility. Any issues that stem from harassment, fighting or use of foul language are seen as behaviors not intended for a public facility, and will not be tolerated.
- The athletic facilities, as well as the surrounding public areas are considered Smoke/Tobacco Free and Drug & Alcohol Free Areas. Not adhering to this policy could result in a fine and possibly losing to opportunity to use the gym.
- Anyone caught stealing gym property could face fines as well as possible charges issued by local law enforcement.
- The gym will not be used for skating/rollerblading and skateboarding. Using these things in the gym could result in fines necessary to cover cost of repairs.
- NO CLEATS ON ANY FLOOR SURFACE!