Resident Assistants are a fundamental part of the Residential Life Department. This team of exceptional individuals are charged with assisting residents in transitioning to college life, enforcing college policies and procedures, and helping to bring innovative programming to the E.M.C.C. campus.
Expectations of Resident Assistants
- Must live on-campus during the week (6pm Sunday to 12noon on Friday)
- Perform office duty two nights a week (one 6pm-12midnight and one 9pm 12midnight) and weekend duty every fourth weekend (approximately once a month) which includes office duty (Fri-Sun 6pm-12midnight)
- Cannot have outside employment during the week or during weekend duties.
- Must organize four educational or recreational programs per semester.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as conduct floor meetings each semester
- Must role model positive behavior and enforce rights and responsibilities
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 at all times
Resident Assistants receive a waiver for room & board