Eastern Maine Community College provides the highest quality post-secondary technical, career, and transfer education and serves as a dynamic community and economic development resource.
To achieve this mission, Eastern Maine Community College:
- provides access to affordable technical, career and transfer education.
- awards Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Science, Associate in
Arts Degrees; Diplomas; Advanced Certificates; and Certificates for credit instruction.
- offers non-credit, customized courses and programs.
- offers post-secondary programs leading to employment in technical and
other career fields.
- provides opportunities for transfer to other post-secondary institutions.
- customizes and provides short-term education and training opportunities
for Maine’s employers.
- encourages citizenship, leadership, ethical decision-making, and reliable
problem solving and offers courses, activities and student services that
reinforce those qualities.
- offers skill development in research, writing, reading, and critical thinking
needed for continuous learning required in the modern world of work.
- fosters personal and professional development of all employees.
- engages proactively in partnerships with the communities and businesses
served by the college.
References: Effective Date: September 1, 1999
Replaces: All prior policies and procedures Reviewed: 4/16/08; 6/25/08; 6/1/09; 9/22/09; 9/24/10