My parents are divorced. Whose income do I report?

Apr 17, 2011

Students should report information about the parent lived with for the greater amount of time during the 12 months preceding the date of filing the FAFSA.

If a student did not reside with one parent more than the other, the student should report information based on the parent who provided more financial support (including money, gifts, loans, housing, food, clothes, car, etc.).

If the parent whose information is reported has remarried, the student must also include the step-parents income information.

Filed under: Financial Aid