My parents are divorced. Whose income do I report?

Students should report information about the parent lived with for the greater amount of time during the 12 months preceding the date of filing the FAFSA. If a student did not reside with one parent more than the other, the student should report information based on the parent who... Read more >

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

You must reapply for financial aid every year. If your financial circumstances change, you may get more or less financial aid. After your first year, you will receive a “Renewal Application” which contains preprinted information from the previous year’s FAFSA. Read more >

How do I check the status of my FAFSA or request a duplicate Student Aid Report?

Students may contact the Federal Office of Student Aid Information Center toll-free number (1-800-433-3243) to check the status of their FAFSA and to request a duplicate Student Aid Report. Read more >

What can I do to prevent FAFSA processing delays?

To prevent delays in processing your application, promptly provide requested information to the Student Aid Office. Students should also remember to sign all documents requiring signatures, such as their federal tax return. Read more >

What is EMCC’s 6-digit federal school code to be entered on the FAFSA?

Eastern Maine Community College’s Title IV Code is 005277. Read more >

When should I apply for financial aid?

Priority FAFSA filing deadlines have been established. See our Financial Aid Calendar for more information. Read more >

What information do I need to have before I file a FAFSA?

The FAFSA website provides a detailed list of important information to have when completing your FAFSA. Read more >

How do I apply for financial aid?

Students must first complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Read more >