My parents do not support me financially. Can I file as an independent student?

A student’s dependency status is determined by their answers to the following questions: Were you born before January 1, 1987? At the beginning of the 2008-2009 school year, will you be working on a master’s or doctorate program (such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, EdD, or... Read more >