What happens if I withdraw from EMCC?

Federal law mandates that a student must earn his/her federal student aid or the funds must be returned to the federal financial aid programs. Students who receive Title IV federal financial aid and completely withdraw from EMCC on or before the 60% term (in calendar days) are entitled to... Read more >

Are developmental courses eligible for financial aid?

Students enrolled in developmental courses may receive financial aid only for credit hour courses that are accepted as part of their planned program. Read more >

When and how will I receive financial aid funds?

Financial aid funds are disbursed at different times throughout the year. EMCC policy states that the first money received in the Business Office will be used to pay college expenses on the student bill. Stafford Loans, Pell Grants, FSEOG, EMCC grants, etc. will be credited to your account after... Read more >

What is an award letter?

An award letter contains information mailed to the student about the current proposed financial aid for the academic year. The award letter lists amounts and type of aid for each semester. The award letter is based upon current available information and may change as new information is made available... Read more >

How much financial aid will I receive?

To determine financial aid eligibility COST − FAMILY CONTRIBUTION = NEED. Student Costs (Budgets) To determine your educational cost, include anticipated tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board, transportation, and personal/miscellaneous/medical expenses. Click here to view anticipated standard costs of attendance for academic year 2014-2015. These figures are subject to... Read more >

What should I do if I feel that I have special circumstances?

Students who feel that they have special circumstances should contact the Student Aid Office. Read more >

My parents are divorced. Whose income do I report?

Students should report information about the parent lived with for the greater amount of time during the 12 months preceding the date of filing the FAFSA. If a student did not reside with one parent more than the other, the student should report information based on the parent who... Read more >

My parents do not support me financially. Can I file as an independent student?

A student’s dependency status is determined by their answers to the following questions: Were you born before January 1, 1987? At the beginning of the 2008-2009 school year, will you be working on a master’s or doctorate program (such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, EdD, or... Read more >

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

You must reapply for financial aid every year. If your financial circumstances change, you may get more or less financial aid. After your first year, you will receive a “Renewal Application” which contains preprinted information from the previous year’s FAFSA. Read more >

How do I check the status of my FAFSA or request a duplicate Student Aid Report?

Students may contact the Federal Office of Student Aid Information Center toll-free number (1-800-433-3243) to check the status of their FAFSA and to request a duplicate Student Aid Report. Read more >