CARES Act Funding
EMCC is partnering with the U.S. Department of Education to distribute Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding to students in financial need due to unexpected expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.
Students who were impacted and enrolled during the spring 2020 semester may apply now and have through Monday, May 11th. There will be additional application periods for summer enrolled students and notifications will be sent to students during each application period.
The information has been provided below regarding eligible expenses, student eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
ELIGIBLE EXPENSES MAY INCLUDE:
· Continued cost of attendance at EMCC, including
· course materials,
· technology (including computer and internet access),
· health care and
· child care
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Enrolled at Eastern Maine Community College
· Have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Meet basic eligibility criteria for federal financial aid and who have the greatest financial need can be considered for these funds. The EMCC Financial Aid Office will use Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) data to determine eligibility. If students are eligible to file a FAFSA but have not yet filed for 2019-20 and need assistance, please file a FAFSA at studentaid.gov.
APPLICATION for CARE Act Funds:
If you get questions from students please direct them to MyEMCC/Financial Aid/Federal CARES Act Application”. to apply.