Update: June 1, 2021
The EMCC campus is now open! Fall 2021 will still have expanded online offerings, but with additional in-person opportunities for on-campus learning as we adjust to our “new normal”.
The Federal CARES Act provides financial assistance to EMCC students who incurred expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus. We urge you to apply for this funding to help offset expenses you incurred due to the campus disruption caused when your classes were moved to remote or online instruction in March.
There will be additional application periods for summer enrolled students and notifications will be sent to students during each application period.
The information has been provided below regarding eligible expenses, student eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
ELIGIBLE EXPENSES MAY INCLUDE:
· Continued cost of attendance at EMCC, including
· course materials,
· technology (including computer and internet access),
· health care and
· child care
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Enrolled at Eastern Maine Community College
· Have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Meet basic eligibility criteria for federal financial aid and who have the greatest financial need can be considered for these funds. The EMCC Financial Aid Office will use Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) data to determine eligibility. If students are eligible to file a FAFSA but have not yet filed for 2019-20 and need assistance, please file a FAFSA at studentaid.gov.
APPLICATION for CARE Act Funds:
It is very important to access this application through MyEMCC so it will be pre-populated with your student data.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.