“I chose EMCC for affordability. I saved between $40-50k by starting my education here. I was debt-free six months after graduation. My classes were also full of non-traditional students, which gave me a perspective and value that I may have missed out on elsewhere.”
Dean of Students
Appointment Information: Intake appointments may take up to an hour long. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, we will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please make every effort to give 24-hour notice by calling the number above.
Directions for Intake
- The student requesting services should schedule the intake appointment and complete all relevant areas of the Intake Form before the intake appointment.
- All information is kept confidential.
- Please submit documentation of your disability directly to EJ Roach prior to attending your intake appointment so that it may be reviewed in time for your meeting.
- Together, the student and the coordinator will determine reasonable accommodations.
Students who seek accommodations from Disability Services are required to submit current documentation to verify eligibility as defined under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- The documentation is the most recent information on the student’s area(s) of disability. Psychiatric documentation should be current within 1 year.
- The documentation is provided by a qualified provider such as a licensed psychologist, a medical doctor, or a licensed therapist knowledgeable about the student’s specific functional limitations related to the disability. A copy of an IEP is not sufficient.
- Learning disability evaluation reports must include the diagnostic criteria, testing results, symptoms, impact on student learning, and recommendations.
- Documentation verifies the student’s disability; provides specific details on functional limitations and/or symptoms associated with disability; provides recommendations for reasonable accommodations from a qualified provider; and describes how accommodations mitigate the impact of the student’s stated disability.
If you’d rather download a form to complete offline, click here to download the Intake Form.
By clicking “Submit,” I give EMCC Disability Services permission to release information related to the nature of my disability and functional limitations that might help my instructors, the Academic Dean’s office, the Dean of Student Life, and my academic advisor(s), to understand my disability and provision of accommodations. This will be in effect until I submit in writing restrictions related to the release of disability information.