As Lead Workforce Sponsor, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust has invested in and is actively supporting, EMCC’s Workforce Development initiatives. Learn more about Bar Harbor Bank & Trust and how they can serve you on their website.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Program
The most affordable CDL Program in Maine!
Eastern Maine Community College’s Commercial Drivers License (CDL) program can get you on the road in as little as 10 weeks. Our program focuses on safety and real world driving experience. Classes held year round.
CDL Skills Learned
- Knowledge required to pass the CDL learner’s permit test and elected endorsements
- One-on-one driving instruction
- Proper use of Log Books
- Trip Planning
- In Depth Vehicle Operation
- Safety & Defensive Driving
CDL Admissions Requirements
- Valid Maine Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
- You must submit your Driving Record for the past three years with your online application- Click here for State of Maine Driver’s Record Check Service
- Ability to pass random drug screenings
- Immunization Records (MMR and Diphtheria/Tetanus within past 10 years)
Course Details & Schedule
Open application process.
Courses run approximately every 12 to 15 weeks.
Other CDL Course Options
Hourly Practice Rate- including testing using EMCC vehicles
Are you looking to get your Road & Range hours?
Hourly driving starting at $99.
*Three road test are included in the Full Course per student.
Grant Funding Assistance
Do you need help paying for this course? We partner with the following organization to help students find funding and achieve their employment goals.