Intro to Phlebotomy Program
Intro to Phlebotomy Program Details
EMCC’s Intro to Phlebotomy Program prepares you for a career in health care. This program can advance your current skills as a health care professional. Learn to gather blood samples from patients in a laboratory setting using needles, syringes, vacationer tubes and other equipment. The program covers basic medical terminology, anatomy, laboratory math, blood composition, and infection control.
Class and lab on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm to 8pm. Class and lab are held for 10 weeks totaling 40 hours. Clinical rotations are two 8 hour rotations at Affiliated Laboratories.
The next class starts February 11th, 2020.
Phlebotomy Program Application Requirements
High School Diploma or GED
18 years of age by start of course
Clean criminal record*
- Online Application
- Intro to Phlebotomy Essential Functions
- Phlebotomy Essay
- Describe your career, educational, personal goals. Why you want to take this course? Include any previous healthcare experience and how you will use this training in your career.
- Criminal Background Check
- Health History Form
- Brief Interview by Laboratory Staff
- Tuition – $759
- Liability insurance fee – $13
- Textbook – $111
- Criminal Background Check (to be completed with application) – $75
(Nonrefundable. Additional fees may be incurred for multiple names and addresses in the past seven years.)
*Subject to discretion of EMCC and clinical site directors.
Grant Funding Assistance
Do you need help paying for this course? We partner with the following organization to help students find funding and achieve their employment goals.