The Foundation for Maine’s Community Colleges oversees the Leon A. Gorman Endowed Scholarship Fund which provides financial support to one deserving student from each of Maine’s community colleges each year. Students are selected by the college president based on recommendations by their dean of students and appropriate faculty members(s). This year’s recipient is first year Human Services Student, Stephanie Frost. Congratulations Stephanie for all your hard work!
- Full-time, associate degree-seeking student at a Maine community college;
- Ready to enter the second year in the fall;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (award will be contingent on student maintaining 3.0 GPA);
- Demonstrated financial need; and
- Demonstrated service to his/her college and community, giving back and supporting others.