VA Education Benefits

Veterans and Dependents with any questions about VA Education Benefits can call the VA toll free at (1-888-442-4551) or visit their Veteran’s Affairs GI Bill website. The toll-free number provides:
  • Information on VA educational benefits 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week!
  • Ability to ask questions or send an inquiry
  • Ability to obtain information on your own benefits account if you receive Montgomery GI Bill Benefits
  • Ability to Speak with an Education Case Manager Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.

Additional Information Regarding Veterans Benefits May Also be Available Through the Following Resources:


Contact Info

VA Regional Office, Togus, ME 1-800-827-1000 Togus Regional Office
Vocational Rehabilitation 207-623-5764 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
Maine Bureau of Veterans Services
Veterans Assistance Center, Portland, ME 207-780-3584
College Navigator
College Scorecard
Net Price Calculator Net Price Calculator


Maine veterans and their families are strongly encouraged to also contact the Maine Bureau of Veterans Services to self-identify for purposes of applying for additional veteran education benefits offered through the State of Maine. We also encourage you to review the Maine Veteran’s Benefits and Resources Guide, which provides information on a broad range of benefits, services, and veterans-related organizations.

Please contact an admissions representative at or call 207.974.4680 for any assistance you may need in the application process. Our Welcome Center is located in Katahdin Hall on campus and is open 5 days a week for you to set up an appointment with an admissions representative or financial aid. If you are interested in our Student Veteran’s of America club, contact

Please contact one of our two VA Certifying Officers with any questions or concerns:

Candace Ward
Dir. of Financial Aid

Lew Miller
Assistant Dir. of Financial Aid

Online Veteran Resources:

Click here to explore the curriculum sheets for all of our programs!