“I had the chance to go to school after I was laid off from Dexter Shoe. I surprised myself by how well I adapted to classroom learning after 20 years out of school. I’ve made the Dean’s List and will graduate in May. I’m proof it can be done!”
Eastern Maine Community College Scholarship Applications
- Hope Milliken McNally Scholarship Application (Ellsworth High School Graduates)
- Native American Tuition Waiver Program
- 2021 High School Graduates Worthington Foundation Scholarship ($1,500 per semester for students in Knox, Waldo, Lincoln, Hancock, and Washington County)
The EMCC Foundation maintains and awards over 70 scholarships annually. Our scholarships serve students with high financial need, those from rural areas, non-traditional students and first time college students. The application is free and we can match you to an available scholarship. Once completed, send the application to email@example.com or drop the materials off at any office on campus. Scholarships are awarded on a monthly basis.
Visit the EMCC Foundation scholarships page for more information.
General Outside Scholarships
Maine Community Foundation Scholarships – Over $2 million is awarded each year from more than 450 scholarship funds. Scholarship listings are organized by Maine county as well as type (adult learner, high school student, aspirational). Applications are available online
MES Maine Education Services – Their mission is to help Maine students achieve success in their higher education goals. They manage many internal and external scholarship programs for Maine students. Applications are available on their site.
Maine Competitive Skills Scholarship Program – designed to help qualified Maine residents learn new skills and succeed in a changing economy.
The George J. Mitchell Peace Scholarship – This scholarship provides opportunities for students from the Maine Community College System to study in Ireland for either the fall or spring semester. The Scholarship honors the Northern Ireland peace accord brokered by Senator Mitchell between the governments and peoples of Ireland and the United Kingdom. Apply now.
Successful MCCS applicants are eligible to attend the Cork Institute of Technology on the south coast of Ireland for the fall or spring semester.
The scholarship covers:
- tuition and fees
- a food and living expense stipend of 500 euros a month
- a travel grant of $1,000
- funds to cover the Irish Immigration fee
The Mitchell Scholarship – awarded to graduating high school seniors from Maine’s public high schools
The 2020 Mitchell Scholarship online application is now open until April 1! You can find the application link, requirements, and a few additional college and scholarship resources on our web site: http://mitchellinstitute.org/scholarship/ The strongest applicants demonstrate financial need, academic promise, and community impact.
In addition to the $10,000 scholarship (this award amount is not retroactive for Mitchell Scholars from previous years) that we will award to a senior from every public high school in the state, we provide numerous resources and programs for Mitchell Scholars:
- Leadership and career development events and excursions across the state
- Fellowship Awards of up to $1,500 to support internships and personal/professional growth opportunities
- Emergency financial assistance for unexpected financial challenges
- Access to a wide array of professional networks and social events
- Customized career advising and personal support through individual meetings with Mitchell Institute staff and community members
Higher Opportunities for Pathways to Employment (HOPE) Scholarship – This program is committed to helping you reach your educational goals by helping cover costs related to school. Whether you are seeking a short-term training certificate or an associate or bachelor’s degree, the HOPE Program has the tools and resources to help you.
You might be eligible if:
- You are a parent or caretaker relative of a minor child who is living with you
- Are a Maine resident between the ages of 16 through 64
- Meet the financial qualifications
Scholarships are offered by community and civic organizations, corporate and not for profit sponsors, as well as workplace benefits for employees. There are numerous sites on the internet where students can search for additional scholarships and there should be no cost to the student to complete a scholarship search. “No Cost” web based scholarship searches include: