“I had the chance to go to school after I was laid off from Dexter Shoe. I surprised myself by how well I adapted to classroom learning after 20 years out of school. I’ve made the Dean’s List and will graduate in May. I’m proof it can be done!”
Scroll down for the online Scholarship Application!
Exploring Transfer at Vassar College
Eastern Maine Community College Scholarship Applications
- Hope Milliken McNally Scholarship Application (Ellsworth High School Graduates)
- Native American Tuition Waiver Program
The EMCC Foundation maintains and awards over 70 scholarships annually. Our scholarships serve students with high financial need, those from rural areas, non-traditional students and first time college students. Our fillable PDF application is available here! The application is free and we can match you to an available scholarship. Once completed, send the application and an essay on your educational goals and how EMCC and scholarships will help you achieve these goals to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop the materials off at the Enrollment Center. Applications with essays are due to the Foundation Office no later than June 1 of every year. Students are encouraged to apply after the deadline date as some scholarships become available throughout the year.
Visit the EMCC Foundation scholarships page for more information.
- The Galen Cole Family Foundation Awards Education Scholarships – Information | Agreement | Application
General Outside Scholarships
Maine Community Foundation Scholarships – Over $2 million is awarded each year from more than 450 scholarship funds. Scholarship listings are organized by Maine county as well as type (adult learner, high school student, aspirational). Applications are available online
MES Maine Education Services – Their mission is to help Maine students achieve success in their higher education goals. They manage many internal and external scholarship programs for Maine students. Applications are available on their site.
Maine Competitive Skills Scholarship Program – designed to help qualified Maine residents learn new skills and succeed in a changing economy.
The Mitchell Scholarship – awarded to graduating seniors from Maine’s public high schools
The 2019 Mitchell Scholarship online application is now open until April 1! You can find the application link, requirements, and a few additional college and scholarship resources on our web site: http://mitchellinstitute.org/scholarship/ The strongest applicants demonstrate financial need, academic promise, and community impact.
In addition to the $10,000 scholarship (this award amount is not retroactive for Mitchell Scholars from previous years) that we will award to a senior from every public high school in the state, we provide numerous resources and programs for Mitchell Scholars:
- Leadership and career development events and excursions across the state
- Fellowship Awards of up to $1,500 to support internships and personal/professional growth opportunities
- Emergency financial assistance for unexpected financial challenges
- Access to a wide array of professional networks and social events
- Customized career advising and personal support through individual meetings with Mitchell Institute staff and community members
Scholarships are offered by community and civic organizations, corporate and not for profit sponsors, as well as workplace benefits for employees. There are numerous sites on the internet where students can search for additional scholarships and there should be no cost to the student to complete a scholarship search. “No Cost” web based scholarship searches include:
- Finance Authority of Maine (FAME)
- Student Scholarships
- Zinch (May find it helpful to set up a profile.)
- GoodCall (Formally SchoolSoup)
- Maine Department of Education: Scholarships & Loans – Affording College