“I chose EMCC for affordability. I saved between $40-50k by starting my education here. I was debt-free six months after graduation. My classes were also full of non-traditional students, which gave me a perspective and value that I may have missed out on elsewhere.”
Whether you are advancing your career, or just want to develop a new skill or career path, EMCC has plenty of flexible options for an Adult Learner. Do you have a full time job? EMCC offers evening classes. A family? Online classes are also available. We recognize that an Adult Learner faces challenges in returning to school that students right out of high school do not. At Eastern Maine Community College, we try to help you balance work, home, and your academic life.
- First, you’ll need to apply to EMCC. You can do that by clicking here.
- If you are only taking a couple classes and not coming full time, you do not need to apply, but you should contact the Admissions Office.
- If you need assistance with financial aid, please contact our Financial Aid Office and one of the advisors can assist you.
- If you choose not to live on campus, you can still have a dining plan if you would like.
- EMCC has plenty of parking for any of our commuter students. Check out a campus map!
- We also have a stop for a BAT Bus/Community Connector, which is free with a student ID.
Getting Your Education
As an Adult Learner, we realize that you may be unfamiliar with the college environment because this is either your first time, or you have taken some time away. That is why we offer a point person to help you navigate your education. Brian Welsh, firstname.lastname@example.org is our campus Student Navigator and is available to help. You can also stop by his office in the Student Success Center or give him a call at 207.974.4804.