Mission & Vision
Eastern Maine Community College’s mission is to serve as a dynamic educational institution that empowers students to meet their personal and professional goals, and to collaborate with our business and community partners to support their growth and success.
Values & Guiding Principles
Value: Educational Excellence
- Principle: We develop and deliver high quality educational experiences that are relevant and responsive
- Principle: We offer educational pathways that provide value to our learners, industry partners and communities
- Principle: We foster lifelong learning
Value: Respect for All
- Principle: We provide opportunities that are equitable
- Principle: We encourage diverse perspectives
- Principle: We treat others with empathy
Value: Honesty & Integrity
- Principle: We act with altruism, transparency, and compassion
- Principle: We strive for fiscal responsibility and environmental sustainability in all aspects of our operations
- Principle: We work collaboratively with our community partners to create opportunities for current and future generations
- Principle: We work collaboratively with other institutions of higher education to create meaningful transfer pathways
- Principle: We work collaboratively with our industry partners to continually adapt our programs to meet the needs of a changing economy
November 16, 2022
We will inspire all our students to become skilled individuals who thrive in their careers and have a positive impact on their communities, the workforce, and society.
November 17, 2022
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Diversity, equity, and inclusion guide how EMCC empowers learners to fulfill their personal and professional goals. Learning and discovery result from a diverse and inclusive community of individuals who have the freedom to be their authentic selves. At EMCC, the individuality of our learners, employees, and community partners is respected, encouraged, supported, and celebrated.
EMCC is dedicated to providing just and fair access to all learners, employees, and community partners, regardless of race, age, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, migratory or immigration status, generational status, disability/abilities, political affiliation, veteran status, and socioeconomic background. Differences in backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, values, and beliefs are welcome and encouraged in our learning community.