Education Design Lab x EMCC BRIDGES Rural
The Lab will lead a cohort of 5 rural community colleges in the BRIDGES Design Challenge, a multi-year initiative to create new pathways to postsecondary attainment and economic opportunity in rural communities. Throughout the design challenge, engagement of regional collaboratives and dissemination of learnings, models, tools, and practices will ensure that the impact of this work extends beyond the initial pilot programs.
The BRIDGES Design Challenge will:
- produce outcomes-focused prototype models and pilot designs ready for implementation by rural community colleges
- build the capacity of participating community colleges to better serve rural learners through human-centered design, change management and innovation strategies, consultation of subject matter experts, and exposure to promising models.
- publish and broadly disseminate new knowledge and thought leadership on rural learners’ goals, challenges, and experiences related to their careers and postsecondary education and training.
- establish lasting infrastructure for effective regional collaboration between educators, employers, funders, government agencies, and other community organizations.
- BRIDGES Rural Overview
- Project Funded by Ascendium Education Group
- Press Brief