As Lead Workforce Sponsor, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust has invested in and is actively supporting, EMCC’s Workforce Development initiatives. Learn more about Bar Harbor Bank & Trust and how they can serve you on their website.
Learning Facilitator Credential Program
Thank you for your interest in the Learning Facilitator Program! All our cohorts are full at this time, but please fill out the inquiry form at the bottom of this page to be contacted when more cohorts are available. Due to the large number of applicants we had, the next cohort will likely be next summer or fall. If you would like to take a course at EMCC in the meantime you can fill out our free online application at emcc.edu/apply and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about admission and enrollment in the college.
A free, short-term education training program available to participants across the state
- All instruction is offered in a hybrid format using Zoom and the online platform Brightspace; required Zoom meetings take place from 4:00-6:00 to accommodate most work schedules
- Complete a one-week 3-credit boot camp that prepares learners to enter classrooms to provide instructional support under the guidance of a classroom teacher
- Participate in a learning community, facilitated by EMCC faculty, for at least 45 hours over the course of the school year
- Complete at least 315 hours in a classroom setting under the supervision of mentor teachers and MCCS faculty
- Earn digital badges that lead to a Learning Facilitator Micro-Credential and that can be turned into credits toward a certificate or degree program!
- Partner schools receive a stipend and technology to support the program
The Learning Facilitator Program faculty are committed to supporting our partner schools to meet their staffing needs through this high-touch, immersive mentorship program.
We are committed to developing education paraprofessionals who have the skills to build meaningful relationships with students and school staff and provide high-quality instructional support and guidance to students in partnership with classroom teachers.