“I chose EMCC for affordability. I saved between $40-50k by starting my education here. I was debt-free six months after graduation. My classes were also full of non-traditional students, which gave me a perspective and value that I may have missed out on elsewhere.”
Students in crisis will be able to meet with a counselor immediately or within one day, depending on the severity of the situation.
If you are having a mental health emergency, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
HOW TO GET HELP IN A CRISIS
1) Call the counseling office at 207.974.4858. If there is no answer, the college employees listed below can help you access the counselor. Tell any of these employees that you are in crisis and need to speak with the counselor.
- Campus Security | 207.745.6090 | Maine Hall – 146
- Student Life Staff | 207.745.4690 | Maine Hall – 105
- Resident Directors | 207.974.4795/4696 | Acadia and Kineo Halls
- Student Success Center staff | 207.974.4887 | Maine Hall – 121
- TRiO staff | 207.974.4642 | Maine Hall – 123
2) To connect with a crisis service that is not affiliated with EMCC, the listed resources are available to you. They are free, confidential, and available 24/7.
- Maine Crisis Line | 1.888.568.1112
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline | 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line | Text “HOME” to 741.741
- Veterans Crisis Line | 1.800.273.8255 (Press 1) | Text 838255
- Trevor Lifeline for LGBTQ+ Youth | 1.866.488.7386 | www.thetrevorproject.org (text and chat info)