“I chose EMCC for affordability. I saved between $40-50k by starting my education here. I was debt-free six months after graduation. My classes were also full of non-traditional students, which gave me a perspective and value that I may have missed out on elsewhere.”
Resident Assistants are a fundamental part of the Residential Life Department. This team of exceptional individuals are charged with assisting residents in transitioning to college life, enforcing college policies and procedures, and helping to bring innovative programming to the EMCC campus.
Expectations of Resident Assistants
- Must live on-campus during the week (6pm Sunday to 12noon Friday)
- Perform office duty two nights a week (one 6pm-12am shift and one 9pm-12am shift)
- Perform weekend duty at least once a month which includes office duty (Fri-Sun, 6pm-12am)
- Cannot have outside employment during the week or during weekend duties
- Organize a minimum of one educational or recreational program per month
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as conduct floor meetings each semester
- Role model-positive behavior and enforce rights and responsibilities
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
Resident Assistants receive a waiver for their room and a 7-day meal plan.