“I graduated in 2012 with an associate’s in business management and a certificate in small business development. I went on to open my own small business and have found great success in my career. I love what I do and I owe a lot of my success to the time I spent at EMCC!”
Resident Assistants are a fundamental part of the Residential Life Department. This team of exceptional individuals are charged with assisting residents in transitioning to college life, enforcing college policies and procedures, and helping to bring innovative programming to the EMCC campus.
Expectations of Resident Assistants
- Must live on-campus during the week (6pm Sunday to 12noon Friday)
- Perform office duty two nights a week (one 6pm-12am shift and one 9pm-12am shift)
- Perform weekend duty at least once a month which includes office duty (Fri-Sun, 6pm-12am)
- Other employment/time commitments should be reviewed with the ResLife Staff
- Organize a minimum of one educational or recreational program per month
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as conduct floor meetings each semester
- Role model-positive behavior and enforce rights and responsibilities
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
Resident Assistants receive a waiver for their room and a 7-day meal plan.