The EMCC program-specific prerequisites follow:
|= Associate in Arts
AAS = Associate in Applied Science
AS = Associate in Science
CRT = Certificate
R = Required
D = Desired*
|Automotive Technology||AAS||R||D||D||D or D1|
|Building Construction||AAS||R||D||D||D or D1|
|Computer Repair Technology||CRT||R||D|
|Culinary Arts||AAS||R||R||R or R or R1|
|Culinary Arts||CRT||R||D||D or D or D1|
|Diesel, Truck & Heavy Equipment||AAS||R||D||D||D or D1|
|Diesel, Truck & Heavy Equipment||CRT||R|
|Early Childhood Education||AAS||R|
|Early Childhood Education||CRT||R|
|Electrical & Automation Technology||AAS||R||R||R||R or R1|
|Emergency Medical Services||AAS||R||R or R|
|Emergency Medical Services||CRT||R||R or R|
|Fine Woodworking & Cabinet Making||AAS||R|
|Health Care Secretary||CRT||R|
|Hospitality & Tourism Mgmt||AAS||R|
|Medical Radiography||AS||R||R||R||R||R or R1|
|Medical Office Technology||AAS||R|
|Refrigeration & Air Conditioning||AAS||R||D||D||D or D1|
|Restaurant & Foods Service Mgmt||AAS||R|
|Surgical Technology||AAS||R||R or R|
|Trade & Technical Occupations||AAS||R||D||D|
|Welding||AAS||R||D||D||D or D1|
It is strongly recommended that students take physics with lab as a prerequisite for admission in the mechanical, building, electrical, and Medical Radiography programs.
*Desired: This course is not necessary for admission but is of significant value in the intended program of study. All applicants are expected to have successfully completed at least one year of math and one year of science in high school. The chart is intended for use as a guideline for students when choosing an appropriate curriculum. The Director of Admissions urges interested applicants who do not meet these requirements to call and discuss alternatives.
- English Composition and keyboarding (must be at a rate of 25 words per minute on a 3 minute timing with 3 or fewer errors) for Health Care Secretary, Medical Transcription, Office Administration, and Office Technology required.
- Four (4) years relevant work experience required.
- Prerequisites outlined for program also apply to program upgrade.
- Students must be familiar with Microsoft Office, e-mail, and the Internet.
- Alg I = High School Equivalent Algebra I
- Alg 2 = High School Equivalent Algebra II
- Geom = High School Equivalent Geometry
- Trig = High School Equivalent Trigonometry
- Bio/Lab = High School Equivalent Biology with Lab
- Physics = High School Equivalent Physics
- Che/Lab = High School Equivalent Chemistry with Lab
- A&P Lab = College-Level Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab