Education – Career and Technical Education Option
The Education program with an option in Career and Technical Education (CTE) is designed for current and future educators who teach in Career and Education Centers and Community Colleges. The program offers practical learning experiences to help the instructor adapt to teaching their technical trade to high school and college students. Graduates of this concentration will learn specific teaching methods and strategies to enhance student success. Classroom and lab management, safety, assessment and behavior management will be included in the curriculum. Graduates may use this degree as a pathway to continue their education in CTE Teaching at the bachelor’s and master’s level.
EMCC offers courses that meet Maine State requirements for CTE certification. For more information, click here.
Key Learning Objectives
Graduates of the CTE Option will:
- Explain the mission, history and emerging trends for Career and Technical Education.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies to plan learning experiences and activities that meet the diverse needs of all students and to encourage critical thinking and problem solving.
- Determine effective classroom management and safety practices for CTE environments.
- Integrate literacy, mathematics and other relevant subject matter into the CTE discipline/content area(s).
- Use appropriate assessment strategies to inform curricula decisions, adjust instruction and evaluate student learning outcomes.
- Reflect on teaching practices and continually seek opportunities to grow professionally.
Associate Degree or higher in any discipline