Education – Career and Technical Education Option
The Education program with an option in Career and Technical Education (CTE) is designed for current and future educators who teach in Career and Education Centers and Community Colleges. The program offers practical learning experiences to help the instructor adapt to teaching their technical trade to high school and college students. Graduates of this certificate will learn specific teaching methods and strategies to enhance student success. Classroom and lab management, safety, assessment, and behavior management will be included in the curriculum.
EMCC offers courses that meet Maine State requirements for CTE certification. For more information on the Advanced Certificate Program, click here. For the Fall 2021 course offerings, click here. For Spring 2021 course offerings, click here.
For students enrolled in the CTE certificate program:
For students who are not enrolled in the CTE certificate program:
To register for a class go to www.emcc.edu. Select Academics then Courses and Registration. On this page you will see a paragraph that pertains to registering as a non-matriculated student, with a link to the registration form. https://www.emcc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/registration-form-fillable-8.18.2021.pdf
Once completed, save the form as a pdf, then email to email@example.com. We will process your request and follow up with an email confirmation. If you have a sponsor, please ask them to send a letter of intent or purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
Key Learning Objectives
Graduates of the CTE Option will:
- Explain the mission, history and emerging trends for Career and Technical Education.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies to plan learning experiences and activities that meet the diverse needs of all students and to encourage critical thinking and problem solving.
- Determine effective classroom management and safety practices for CTE environments.
- Integrate literacy, mathematics and other relevant subject matter into the CTE discipline/content area(s).
- Use appropriate assessment strategies to inform curricula decisions, adjust instruction and evaluate student learning outcomes.
- Reflect on teaching practices and continually seek opportunities to grow professionally.
Associate Degree or higher in any discipline