Education – Career and Technical Education Option
The Education program with an option in Career and Technical Education (CTE) is designed for current and future educators who teach in Career and Education Centers. The program offers practical learning experiences to help the instructor adapt to teaching their technical trade to high school students. Graduates of this certificate will learn specific teaching methods and strategies to enhance student success. Classroom and lab management, safety, assessment, and behavior management will be included in the curriculum.
EMCC offers courses that meet Maine State requirements for CTE certification. Graduates will be eligible to apply for CTE certification through the Maine Department of Education. For more information on the Certificate Program, click here. Click here for Summer 2022 courses and Fall 2022 courses.
For students enrolled in the CTE certificate program:
For students who are not enrolled in the CTE certificate program:
Once completed, save the form as a pdf, then email it to email@example.com. We will process your request and follow up with an email confirmation. If you have a sponsor, please ask them to send a letter of intent or purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
Key Learning Objectives
Graduates of the CTE Option will:
- Explain the mission, history, and emerging trends for Career and Technical Education.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies to plan learning experiences and activities that meet the diverse needs of all students and to encourage critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Determine effective classroom management and safety practices for CTE environments.
- Integrate literacy, mathematics, and other relevant subject matter into the CTE discipline/content area(s).
- Use appropriate assessment strategies to inform curricula decisions, adjust instruction and evaluate student learning outcomes.
- Reflect on teaching practices and continually seek opportunities to grow professionally.
- Must be employed by a career and technical education center. For learners not employed in CTE centers, permission to enroll must be given on a case-by-case basis.