The Computer Technology field is ever growing and changing, requiring motivated problem solvers in today’s technology driven world. The Computer Technology Associate in Applied Science Degree program is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions within Information Technology (IT).
Students will receive a solid foundation in a variety of different areas including systems hardware and software, network design and management, customer service, and information security. Graduates are prepared to assume a variety of positions such as: desktop support, help desk technician, network installer, network technician, network administrator, information security, network security, and technology trainer.
Curriculum & Fees
- Computer Technology – Coding AAS and Coding Certificate Curriculum
- Computer Technology – Coding (Advanced Certificate) Curriculum
- Computer Technology – Coding AAS and Coding Certificate Fees
- Computer Technology – Networking AAS Option and Computer Repair Technology (CRT) Certificate Curriculum
Key Learning Objectives
Graduates with the Associate in Applied Science Degree in the Computer Technology Program should be able to:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade personal computer systems hardware and software.
- Effectively design and manage networks and efficiently operate them.
- Use effective troubleshooting strategies and techniques in corrective a variety of computer system hardware and software problems.
- Install, configure, navigate, and manage modern client and server network operating systems.
- Design and build effective web sites.
- Define and describe the physical factors that affect data communications media.
- Select the most feasible alternative voice and data communications technologies for specific business applications from the various technologies available.
- Interact appropriately with customers, coworkers, and the general public in a service-oriented industry.
- Develop and deliver training for system users.
- Algebra I and Algebra II required.
Computer Repair Technology is a one-year certificate program that prepares the successful student for an entry-level position in the field of computer repair. Students are provided with a solid foundation in personal computer hardware, operating systems, and data communications through theory classes and hands-on experiences in the laboratory. Courses in computer applications (software) are provided to augment student knowledge of computer systems.
Certificate program graduates find work in a variety of organizations that are in need of maintenance and repair of computers. This encompasses a variety of positions such as: computer systems technician, computer technician, and computer maintenance technician.
Mathematics and communications courses give students the power to relate their understanding of computer systems to other professionals and to computer owners in need of repair services.
The Computer Repair certificate may be used as a pathway for students who may later want to enter an Associate of Applied Science degree program in Computer Technology.